Our goal: To be the go-to professional organization for Florida Suncoast communicators who want access to a high-value communications network and content that will help them advance their careers.
- Providing professional development opportunities that give IABC Tampa Bay members the tools and information they need to be the best in their chosen disciplines
- Sharing best global communication practices, ideas, and experiences that will enable the development of highly ethical and effective performance standards for our profession
Over 50% of our members joined the organization for professional development and networking opportunities.
IABC MEMBER BENEFITS
- Subscription to Communication World, an award-winning online magazine covering trends and issues.
- Member discount to the annual international communications conference at which participants can network and learn from top communicators from around the world.
- Member discount to IABC Tampa Bay professional development events.
- Access to a comprehensive information service that provides manuals on critical communication functions, IABC Research Foundation materials and information on award-winning programs.
- An opportunity to participate in IABC’s certification program, through which members can increase their professional value.
- Member discount to participate in the Gold Quill and Silver Quill Awards programs recognizing communication excellence.
- Access to the IABC Member Centre, an online resource for membership and leader services information.
- Services at the regional and chapter levels (e.g., newsletters and professional development opportunities).
- An opportunity to grow professionally by volunteering for the association and taking on leadership responsibilities.
TAMPA BAY MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Membership in the IABC Tampa Bay chapter includes benefits such as:
- Face-to-face networking and professional education opportunities
- Recognition opportunities
- Newsletters, email bulletins and social media interactions
- Volunteer opportunities
- The collective experience of IABC’s worldwide network
WHO JOINS IABC?
Our members hold positions in a broad array of communications fields, including:
|Public Relations ~ Media Relations ~ Corporate CommunicationsInvestor Relations ~ Content Creation ~ Public AffairsAdvertising ~ Marketing Communications ~ Government RelationsHuman Resources ~ Community Relations ~ Internal CommunicationsTeaching ~ Video and Mulitimedia Production ~ Training ~ Graphic Design ~ Editing ~ Online Communications|
IABC Tampa Bay is managed by an executive board of volunteer leaders. To learn more about the volunteer leaders of IABC/Tampa Bay or to find out how you can help, please contact one of IABC Tampa Bay’s board members.
VP, Professional Development
It’s easy to join IABC. Just complete the online membership registration form or contact our Vice President for Membership.
Founded in 1970, The International Association of Business Communicators provides a professional network of about 15,000 business communication professionals in more than 80 countries.
IABC’s professional network serves as a vibrant resource to:
MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT IN YOUR JOB
Tap into thousands of years of collective experience of your peers for new ideas, fresh insights, and problem solving assistance.
FIND THE HIDDEN JOB MARKET
Looking for the next step in your career? Networking online and face-to-face will help you uncover the hidden job market for communication professionals. Not to mention the job listings at www.iabc.com.
ENHANCE YOUR SKILLS
IABC’s website contains a robust library of how-to articles and case studies of successful communication in the real world. Available to members only and accessible 24 hours a day, this content can help guide you through countless professional situations and challenges. Moreover, professional development sessions on a wide variety of topics are available at free and at member prices and are offered in the classroom, as well as over the web or phone. For reference or cover-to-cover reading are IABC’s Discovery manuals, also at significant member discounts.
FIND CLIENTS, FIND FRIENDS
If you’re a freelancer, IABC is a great place to find clients. And if you’re looking to expand your social network, there’s no better place than an IABC chapter. Visit IABC online at www.iabc.com.